Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Christmas tree


In the real world, a Christmas tree needs to come in first before the lights can be taken out of the storage. But in my card world, Edwin was struggling with the lights yesterday while Tilda is carrying the Christmas tree so effortlessly today :) Oh well.....after all it is my world, I can turn it topsy-turvy if I want to, can't I ?

The card today is based of one of my favorite color combinations and lucky me, it works wonders with a Christmas themed card

 I had so much fun coloring the stamped image, I wonder if I overdid it.
The background paper is from a Recollections stack I think and the edges are distressed with a Tim Holtz distressing ink. The big snowflake/star is a Spellbinder die.



The trees as well as the lamp post is hand-drawn. I should get around to ordering some new die-cuts, so much easier that way.

 The inside is lined with the same paper and distressed. I added some ribbon and another snowflakeat the corner.


Submitting for the following challenge

Timeless Tuesday Challenge 191 - winter theme

Creative Inspirations challenge  - anything goes

Southern Girls Challenge  - tie a ribbon around it



4 comments:

  1. Fab creation and thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations for our Anything goes challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous, such a sweet Tilda image and beautiful decorated inside and out.

    Thanks for joining us for our 'Tie a Ribbon round it' challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Southern Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wintery card! Love the sparkle on the trees! Thanks for playing along in the Timeless Tuesday challenge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning card! I don;t think you overdid a thing!! Love the gauze! Tahnks for joinig us at SGC!

    ReplyDelete