Saturday, October 13, 2012

Christmas is here.....almost


It's October but the rush is on....
With all the Christmas / new year cards required by the end of the year, it is always good to start early ( which I almost never do ). So this year I am doing it early enough so that I do not have to rush in the end....fingers crossed :)
For my card, I used the sketch at the mojo monday challenge
 
 And this  is my interpretation....



I really love the soft colors on this card - quite un-christmasy, actually :)
The background paper is from my really old stack of DCWV papers, the ones that I bought on sale at the end of Christmas season years ago :)
A little bit of distressing around the edges and the card gets this lovely old feel.


The inside of the card is lines with the same paper. Much easier to get the festival feel on the inside, don't you think?  The Stamped image is from Whiff of Joy " Henry the mouse"  -  Yay !!!! I love all the "henry" images. They are super cute and perfect for winter / Christmas cards.

Submitting for the following challenge



Papertake weekly blog challenge - creature big and small


This was fun....
I have a few other cards made, now I just need time to update my blog :)

4 comments:

  1. wow, luv this....fabulous coloring and luv the banners...hope you have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card. So pretty design. I like the softness of colors and that image is absolutely gorgeous. I appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really adorable card and such pretty soft colors! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty card thanks for sharing with us at 2sisters this week and good luck with the challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete