Thursday, April 5, 2012

There is nothing better than a cup of tea....






I truly believe that no matter what, a cup of tea with family or friend, can make anything and any situation better. For the coffee drinkers, a cup of coffee does the same trick but since I am more of a tea drinker.....
I made this card for my sis-in-law who is a bit under the weather these days. Hope she feels better soon.


Isn't this little teapot just the best ever ? And it wasn't too difficult to make either. I kept it simple 'cos i know that is how she will like it. The paper is from the heirloom stack by DCWV. This paper is quite thin, just like an ordinary printing paper, which is great for making cards that need to posted - saves on the mailing cost. The flowers are cut using spellbinder dies and then I twirled and twisted each layer and then misted it with water. Gives a more natural appearance




I also highlighted the pink flower using my markers just before spritzing it with water and thus the different shades in the flower.
Some of my friends have asked me why I do not use stamped sentiments. Well, I have nothing against them - they make the cards look so beautiful. I just like to add a personal touch by writing the sentiments out. Little idiosyncrasies, I guess :)

Submitting the card for the following challenges
CR84FN color challenge
where the inspiration picture was

And
fussy and fancy Friday challenge
where the challenge was
Anything but Square / Rectangle


And there is definitely, no square or rectangle in this card :)





11 comments:

  1. So unique and creative Anu! Love the teapot shape and beautiful flower embellishments! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ph what a fab shaped card! Love this little tea pot shape! Gorgeous flowers too!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a unique and pretty card. I love your beautiful flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.....thank you ladies. You all made my day- I have been smiling ever since :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This adorable teapot card is sure to brighten your sister-in-law's day! Thanks for sharing all the extra techniques you use to make your flowers so natural looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shaped card! Lovely papers and sweet flowers. Love the flourish too. Thank you for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anu, LOVE the teapot - so CLEVER! - and LOVE the flowers you made! GORGEOUS card for your friend! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS Can you turn off word verification and add comment moderation? You might receive more comments if they don't have to type the words in! THX!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you're teapot card, it's so pretty.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone and a special thank you to Sue Lelli for pointing out some of the issues with my blog settings. I wasn't even aware these were there....oops :( so thanks a ton Sue. I have chgd the settings - hopefully everything is taken care of.....

    ReplyDelete