Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring break


The public schools in our state are having a spring break....which is wonderful because the weather is perfect - sunny with a bit of chill in the air and the kids are having a blast. It is, of course, not so great for my creative side. A bit difficult to sit inside, conjuring up images of a perfect card when I can hear the kids running around the house :)
But, the brave soul I am, I did manage to come up with this card which I rather like.


This is an easel card, which I love making - very little extra effort and the receiver is usually impressed with it :) The papers are from K&Company. For the ribbon - type embellishment ( I don't know how else to describe it ), I used the pendant in Spellbinders Fluer de lis Accents and cut each in to half, covered it with a strip of paper and viola......





The image is Penny Black - Baby Hammock. I colored it using my vast collection pencils - some prismacolor, some water color and some plain overflow from my children's desk drawers !! Also used chalk pastels for shading and distressing.
Submitting for the following challenges
Tuesday morning sketches
where the sketch is

and

Anything Goes Challenge



5 comments:

  1. So very pretty Anu! Beautiful coloring. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Love those butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Love your coloring on that adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty coloring on this super cute image. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just darling...wish I could sleep like this!! Thanks for joining us this past week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I hope you'll play along this week.

    ReplyDelete